This diagnostic is made with exceptionally sophisticated equipment that "sees" up to 50cm through a concrete construction. With this method we can ascertain the thickness of concrete elements or cracks in concrete, locate installations, preloading cables and reinforcement, and also measure the diameter of the built-in reinforcement.
The ground penetrating radar is one of the basic methods for testing reinforced concrete structures, exploration of reinforced concrete slabs and underground layers for many years. With the new mini GPR systems such as StructureScanтм Mini, engineering tasks for testing, reconstruction and monitoring are resolved faster and safer.
GPR technology allows you to quickly obtain a high resolution image (less than one centimeter) in "real time" without disturbing or damaging the final layer. For the examination of the internal structure of concrete structures, a GPR antenna with high frequency radio waves is used - up to 1.6 - 2.6GHz. Data collection is carried out consistently, enabling, for example, a 60x60-piece structure to be examined in a only 15 minutes or kilometers of continuous scanning over several hours, which provides the opportunity to build three-dimensional models of the investigated environment.
GSSI StructureScanтм Mini for testing of reinforced concrete structures is used mainly for the following tasks:
- Examination of the internal structure of reinforced concrete structures
- Determination of the position and depth of reinforcement or installations (cables and pipes) in concrete before any cutting or penetration
- Finding cracks, cavities and defects in concrete
- Assessment of the thickness and condition of slabs and concrete surfaces
The benefits of using GPR are:
- The integrity of the examined surfaces is not disturbed
- We need access only from one side of the reinforced concrete structure
- GPR technology enables data acquisition in "real time"
- High speed of operation and great detail of the objects investigated